Below is the lease addendum that each tenant signs regarding Cardinal Properties'
Drug Free Policy. Please read it carefully and make sure that when
you and your guests adhere to it.
You can get a printable copy here.
LEASE ADDENDUM FOR DRUG-FREE HOUSING
In consideration of the execution or renewal of a lease of the dwelling
unit identified in the lease, both Owner and Resident agree as follows:
1. Resident, any members of the resident's household or a guest or other
person under the resident's control shall not engage in criminal activity,
including drug-related criminal activity, on or near the said premises.
"Drug-related criminal activity" means the illegal manufacture,
sale, distribution, or use of, or possession with intent to manufacture,
sell, distribute, or use a controlled substance (as defined in Section
102 of the Controlled Substance Act [21 U.S.C. 802].
2. Resident, any member of the resident's household or a guest or other
person under the resident's control shall not engage in any act intended
to facilitate criminal activity, including drug-related activity, on or
near the said premises.
3. Resident or members of the household will not permit the dwelling unit
to be used for, or to facilitate criminal activity, including drug-related
criminal activity, regardless of whether the individual engaging in such
activity is a member of the household or a guest.
4. Resident or members of the household will not engage in the manufacture,
sale, or distribution of illegal drugs at any locations, whether on or
near the dwelling unit premises or elsewhere.
5. Resident, any member of the resident's household, or a guest or other
person under the resident's control shall not engage in acts of violence
or threats of violence, including but not limited to the unlawful discharge
or firearms, on or near the dwelling unit premises.
6. VIOLATIONS OF THE ABOVE PROVISIONS SHALL BE A MATERIAL VIOLATION OF
THE LEASE AND GOOD CAUSE FOR TERMINATION OF TENANCY. A single violation
of any of the provisions of this added addendum shall be deemed a serious
violation and material non-compliance with the lease. It is understood
and agreed that a single violation shall be good cause for termination
of the lease. Unless otherwise provided by law, proof of violation shall
not require criminal conviction, but shall be by a preponderance of the
7. In case of conflict between the provisions of this addendum and any
other provisions of the lease, the provisions of the addendum shall govern.
8. This LEASE ADDENDUM is incorporated into the lease executed or renewed
this day between Owner and Resident.