Know Your Life and Finances
These articles may be helpful to University of Minnesota students
and other people looking at housing options and life choices.
1. Even young adults should start estate planning
Basic planning can avert disaster if the unthinkable should happen.
2. The Invisible Rich
The biggest barrier to becoming rich is living like you're rich before you are.
3. The Campus Tsunami
How will online classes change learning?
4. Taking More Seats on Campus, Foreigners Also Pay the Freight
Foreign students contribute to a diverse atmosphere and help keep
costs affordable for domestic students.
5. Mackay: Success begins with taking responsibility for your actions
One of the basic steps toward success in life is learning to take
responsibility for your actions.
6. Debt tools and information resources
Used well, debt can help you get ahead, but used poorly, can drag you
down. This is a list of tools and resources for learning about and
7}. Roth IRAs for Kids
Starting to save for retirement now pays off.
8. Financial Tips For Credit Card-Smart College Freshmen
Avoiding getting into trouble with credit cards is surprisingly easy.
9. A Soaring Housing Market: College Apartments
How to play the boom in upscale student housing.
10. 4 ways to handle overdue student debt
Strategies for dealing with overdue student debt.
11. Drive Trumps Talent
What do you need to succeed? Work ethic is most important.
12. ‘Upscale’ complexes paradox to college life
High-priced loft-style apartments near campus are unrealistic for
13. Sweat the Small Stuff
College students sometimes learn the hard way that paying with
plastic eventually means real money out of their pockets – and
it adds up fast.
14. Conduct code faces changes
The University of Minnesota student code of conduct may extend
15. Binge Drinking By College Students
Binge drinking is one of the most serious problems on college